Feb 21, 2018
FANTASTIC COURSE: Although I've been to Rome several times, this course opened my eyes to many aspects of Roman Architecture I was heretofore unaware of. Thanks so much! Dr Quincy
Feb 11, 2018
Well structured & organized materials, well articulated lectures, smartly designed assignments. Diana brought architecture study to a marvelous level. What a delight!
por Chirantan G•
Apr 12, 2017
great for A level Classical studies
por Sheona T R•
Jul 07, 2017
It was a really good course
por Maryam A•
Apr 01, 2018
I really enjoyed your course . thank you
por Kate S•
Dec 11, 2017
Wonderful course! Great delivery of detailed information with personal travel tidbits. Good preparation for my first trip to Rome!
por Anastasija R•
Dec 11, 2017
I am still doing this course (4th week), however I am already in love with the material, that Diana wants us to understand. The way she tells it is more than comprehensive. This course makes me fall in love with the ancient Roman architecture and art. Thank you! Best regards! Anastassia Rossman
Sep 15, 2017
First-rate course. I would highly recommend listening to, absorbing, loving every minute from this brilliant instructor. She's clearly passionate about Roman Architecture and Art History and it comes through in how the course is designed and the many photographs shown. Thank you so much for this wonderful journey! When I visit any of these incredible sites I will be sure to send Professor Kleiner a photograph as she suggested.
por Patricia R M•
Apr 23, 2018
Excellent course on Roman architecture masterfully explored by the fantastic teacher Diana Kleiner. Recommend for all those interested in this wonderful civilization that greatly contributed to our culture and civilization and whose great achievements and achievements continue to amaze even today.
por Leonel R•
Jun 05, 2017
Great course, I enjoyed every lesson. Lots of support from great mentors and from Dr. Kleiner. Would repeat it!. Thanks!
por Y.David Z•
Jun 12, 2017
I've completed most of this course. I really like the thoroughness and depth of the material. This is not an easy course. The quizzes are challenging. The essays and projects require a bit of research. However, the instructor does a great job of organizing everything and presenting it in a very coherent, orderly manner. I'm an aspiring architecture graduate student and this course has been a great introduction to the field and some of its common vernaculars.
por Jan K•
Aug 02, 2017
Very good course, with informative lectures and nice images. Do recommend that you purchase the companion digital book by Prof. Kleiner and the often cited book "Roman Architecture" by John Ward-Perkins.
My criticisms are few:
1. The peer grading on assignments is flawed. One fellow "learned" lifted an entire paragraph from my essay, and by happenstance I was a grader on his essay, so I reported this episode of plagiarism. And as galling as that was, he also gave me my lowest grade on that assignment.
2. Some of the objective answer questions on quizzes contain a word or two that really alters the appropriate answer. E.G. One asks something like "All Roman amphitheaters were ..." when in reality the actual answer would be "Most Roman amphitheaters were..." If there is at least one in the first category, then you can't say "all."
3. Enough with the Yalie stuff. Bulldog, bulldog, bow wow wow! Seriously. E.G."Any of you Yalies going to Italy for spring break should be sure to visit..."
4. No offense, Prof. Kleiner, but if I want restaurant or gelateria recommendations for Italy, I'll do some serious Internet searches. Tre Scalini is a famous tourist destination, and few would contend that it has "the best gelato in Rome."
5. Consider adding the oft referenced "Monuments List" as an appendix for those who are taking the course online.
That said, easily one of the best courses on Coursera and far superior to another offered by an archaeology professor and his dog.
por Dania K•
Apr 16, 2017
Amazing organization of the course which I found very fruitful and highly ela
por Dante P•
Jan 20, 2018
Very interesting course. The university needn't presentations. For me, an Italian student of architecture, is the best way to study in deep the Roman architecture from another point of view, of the American researchers. Another method of research, another method of teaching. Different not needs better...that can be only an enrichment.
At last but not least, the learning of technical English. FIVE STARS.
por Gloria C A d O•
Nov 03, 2017
The course is wonderful! Professor Kleiner can take us on a journey into the past and teach beautifully about the fascinating history of Roman Architecture. I recommend it to everyone!
por yakov p•
Oct 30, 2017
Following the course I have made a 3 weeks trips to many of the sights mentioned in the course. It had given me a completely new insight on locations i've visited previously and on history of architecture in general . Thank you very much !
por Adriana A•
Aug 04, 2017
Excelente curso, muy interesante. Es una gran profesora, no solo domina el tema sino que lo sabe transmitir, lo disfruta y logra que una aprecie mejor el imperio romano.
por Chris B•
Apr 27, 2018
Excellent teacher! This woman is a gem.
por Eduardo K•
Feb 18, 2018
It is an amazing course and the way Professor Kleiner explains and teaches is beyond comparison. The classes are engaging and interesting, not to mention her dominion over the subject is fantastic. I highly recommend to anyone as the best course I have seen in this website.
por Victoria D L•
Apr 18, 2017
Excelente Curso!! El contenido y la forma de explicar de la maestra Diana lo hace más interesante. Excelente profesora, me transmite ese amor por Roma y sobretodo por ir a visitar Pompeya.
por Marie-Pierre B•
Nov 11, 2017
I have given 5 stars for the course itself which is very good! We are just in the classroom with Yale students. Prof. Kleiner is very interesting and a real pedagogue.
But I have a few criticisms on the MOOC aspect:
- It is much too concentrated! Some weeks have more than 3 hours of video, which is much longer than any other courses I have taken on Coursera.
- The assignments with their strict 250-words limit, although interesting, are difficult for one whose mother tongue is not English. The 3rd one (the ideal Roman city) is especially long to do and the peer reviews are sometimes strange...
- The "monuments list", often mentioned in the course, is not available in the MOOC
- It would be better to have real rated quizzes at the end of a week rather than small ones in the middle of a video, or worse, at the end of it which is often cut by the advertising for the certificate before it is possible to answer it!
por Joy S•
Sep 04, 2018
Fabulous!!! This is a virtual tour of Italy with a knowledgeable guide. Highly recommend it!!!
por George H H•
Nov 08, 2018
an excellent course on Roman Art and Architecture. The Professor is a great teacher and the illustrations are wonderful. Thank you.
Nov 22, 2018
very wonderful and practical course!
por Andrew M•
Apr 24, 2019
Very good information about ancient Rome and the architecture. There were things I've learned that I didn't know before, and I lived in Rome , for one semester, while studying for a degree in Architecture.
por Masliakova A•
May 28, 2019
Thank You very much! I have enjoyed it.
por Jaimeson J•
Jun 10, 2019
prof kleiner is my hero and i would lvoe to meet her and have gilato. i love her