Feb 12, 2018
I really enjoyed the first course, Learn 2Learn. The female professor is great but the boring old guy should have been kicked out of the course, as he do not provide anything of value for the course.
Jan 18, 2018
Thank you Barbara. It was really enjoyable trip with you in this course. I have found many new learning techniques. Your positive behavior was very encouraging for me to begin a new list of my life!
por carlos r•
Jun 12, 2017
excelente mooc , brinda estrategias para aprender mejor y superarse
por Sara R•
May 25, 2017
Very good course and useful tips to mindshit!
por Mohamed S•
May 08, 2017
A really essential part after completing the marvellous MOOC 'Learning how to Learn'
por dionigi f•
Sep 14, 2017
I found this course valuable with a lot of new ideas and inspiration to improve the way I am learning, a lot of usable tips and suggestions.
por Zaid D•
Jun 18, 2018
An enjoyable course as well as having the bonus features about memory techniques really useful. There is more scope for invited speakers in the bonus videos section. it flows well from the original course of 'learning how to learn'.
por Mary S A•
Apr 04, 2018
This is the first course I take under the topic Mindshift. As a non-native speaker of English I found the course easy to understand. The course has covered many concepts that meant a lot to me, which I took time to analyse and deeply think about and relate to events in my life. I have put serious effort to try to memorize them. Here are some:
- The hiker learning style;
- Getting actively engaged into what I am trying to learn: testing myself is a way, using the new information is another;
- Paradigm Shift;
- Broaden my passion rather than following it;
- Focused attention exercises help to increase focusing abilities;
- Activities during my day should vibrate between mental and physical;
- Plan to fight procrastination by: Increasing the expectancy of success and reward, increasing the value and pleasantness of what I am doing, decreasing impulsiveness and distraction;
- Conceptual understanding + memorizing = solid chunks;
- Put a label (a word) on a feeling to start thinking logically about it, then try to put it in a positive frame;
- Take a decision --> define my goal/goals --> choose people who will help me achieve that;
- The environment surrounding me has a huge influence on me --> psychological safety --> increase serotonin;
- T/п: two legs are more stable than one --> develop new skills: 6 months =~ 6 years: skill development curve is logarithmic not linear;
- Approaches of career shifting: dabble, double life, contrarian;
- Selective ignorance is necessary while developing a new skill;
- Persistence and flexibility are essential in learning anything;
- There are 3 important hormones that play a role in learning process: dopamin which helps learn new skills, serotonin that helps form social bonds and noradrenaline that helps us to avoid danger;
- Learning new things help us form new neurons and synapses and requires getting out of comfort zone;
- Mentors play a huge role in life;
- Reading 20 mins a day help me become smarter and healthier;
- Emotional and cognitive intelligence are equally important;
- For things to change --> I have to change --> my thoughts and capabilities;
- Luck = preparation + opportunity + action;
- When you take action --> you get results: if they are positive then you have succeeded and if they are negative you will learn a lot from the experience --> the worst thing is to do nothing;
- Problems can be seen as opportunities;
- Mindshifting = reevaluating relations in my life: cut negative ones, build new short-term ones to achieve short-term goals, build long-term ones to collaborate and achieve long-term goals;
- Skills that I gain from one field can be used in other fields --> creativity.
I hope this abstract will be helpful.
por Mark G W•
Nov 22, 2017
A great course that has provided me with some awesome advice, guidance, and inspiration to carry on learning!
May 27, 2018
This course is fantastic. It builds naturally where Learning to Learn leaves off. Dr. Oakley shows us that it's possible for anyone to broaden their passions to learn anything. I've also found in useful in reviewing material from Learning to Learn as some of the concepts are reinforced here.
por Karin S•
Jan 18, 2018
Great Course. Thank you very much.
por Ahmad A•
Mar 28, 2018
Barbra Oakley returns with another impressive and insightful.
Whlie continuing with her unique style to tends more towards teaching by nice wise lady, instead of academic professor style, she conveys helpful and scientifically proven insights, while maintain our enthausiaism and excitment to continue learning and build the suitable mindshift.
I am already excitied and anticipating her upcoming MOOC.
Many Thanks for her, professor Terry and all the MOOC and coursera team.
por Colette D•
Mar 07, 2018
Excellent course for those who are at a crossroad in decision making in career change.
por Robert A C•
Apr 09, 2018
Very good! If you want the understand the means on how to get where you want to, this is for you. The course is very well presented, structured and based on current science. Gives you tools to advance and to better understand what can be holding you back. Unlock you potential.
por Lavish M M•
Jun 19, 2018
Very insightful and interesting lesson for personal development...I am glad I join this MOOC.I highly recommend this to your - READER.
por omar m f•
May 30, 2017
As I said that's the best course I've never seen before on internet. Highly recommended.
por Tahera O•
Aug 15, 2017
por Yaw O•
Sep 20, 2017
Wonderful course; wonderful materials, wonderful instructors - Altogether wonderful
por Luka B•
Jan 16, 2018
Apr 10, 2018
This course provides a great lerning!!! Excellent
por Marién S•
Jul 30, 2017
Excellent Couse! Love it!
por Nanthawan A•
Aug 23, 2017
This is a useful course for everybody.
por Odysseas C•
Jun 03, 2018
Amazing course that anyone should take, in whatever age, career, or stage of their life they are. Positive, inspiring and very informative it will make you develop a new mindset in life.
por Denis B•
Nov 18, 2017
por Merlin A•
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed this course very much. The materials are easy to digest and the quizzes at the end helped to solidify concepts being discussed. I also enjoy the instructors communication/teaching techniques (lively, use of jokes and illustration, not boring, good voice and intonation). The information are rather basic (surface level) but I didn't mind. It serves more as reminder than hard core learning modules. This way, I can listen to the materials during my commute to work and still able to retain the information. Thank you for teaching this MOOC!
por Maria A D E•
May 31, 2017
Este curso es perfecto para los que usamos excusas para no aprender, te abre los ojos e impulsa a mejorarte a la vez que te provee con herramientas para seguir aprendiendo.
Además, todos los consejos y estrategias tienen un respaldo científico lo cual incrementa las razones por las cuales mejorarte!
Sin excusas, Happy mindshift.
May 21, 2017
Really effective course to get one up and runing out of rut. As well as enhancing learning